PADI AWARE Foundation® is a non-profit public charity that drives global ocean conservation through local action. PADI AWARE Foundation engages divers and people everywhere to take conservation actions that heal and protect the ocean planet both above and below the surface, further elevating and supporting PADI’s vision to achieve balance between humanity and ocean. Backed by the power of the PADI® brand and supported by the world’s largest global network of 6,600 dive centers and resorts and more than 128,000 professional members worldwide, PADI AWARE Foundation leverages the collective influence of divers and the dive industry to address key threats facing the marine environment including climate change, marine habitat loss and vulnerable species protection. PADI AWARE Foundation advances its mission and the PADI Blueprint for Ocean Action through underwater citizen science, public policy, education and community grants.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Global Operations, this role will be responsible for driving and streamlining daily accounting functions across the PADI AWARE organization. The Accounting Manager will ensure proper accounting practices and reporting in relationship to local governmental requirements, will be responsible for the completion of independent financial audits/reviews in charity, complete daily accounting tasks and generate monthly financial reports.
- Responsible for daily accounting functions and implementing financial processes, procedures and routines including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, month-end closing and financial reporting.
- Process credit card transactions for the organization, deposit checks and verify cash, including all direct donations and donations from PADI Corporate.
- Monitoring receivable status and preparing outstanding bill summaries when required
- Balance sheet, P&L reconciliation and Bank Reconciliation.
- Preparation of tax filings.
- Track revenue and expenses against annual project roadmap to ensure compliance with budget plan.
- Prepare and distribute financials to the Management Team, including monthly reports and annual budgeting.
- In collaboration with the Associate Director of Global Operations and the local Operations staff, coordinate the annual financial audit of the US Charity organization, financial review of the Australian Charity and UK Charity with a Certified Accountant from an independent accounting firm. Submit necessary government documents.
- Maintain best accounting practices, ensure compliance in each US State for operation as a Foundation and proactively keep representative Foundation officers in compliance.
- Prepare informational reports and distribute to PAF Board of Directors in advance of each quarterly meeting.
- Ensure the Charities financial policies and procedures are complied with.
- Liaising with bank, external accountants, auditors and other external parties to ensure compliance for all the Charities.
- Establish systems, structures, and processes to facilitate effective financial operation and adherence to financial procedures.
- Liaison role including answering enquiries from Global Director, internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the development of business plans with analytics, reporting, financial modelling and forecasting.
- Provide support to the Associate Director of Global Operations in areas of reporting, analytics and planning.
- Provide support and analysis to the Charities.
- Produce and distribute reports, analyze data and provide meaningful insight to drive business performance.
- Finance projects and ad-hoc duties as required.
The Accounting Manager will be thoroughly committed to PADI AWARE’s mission. Specific requirements include:
- Minimum five years accounting and background dealing with financials.
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management.
- Experience with global accounting practices and non-profit charity finances preferred.
- Minimum two years as an Accounting Manager.
- Must have excellent computer skills on MS Office, Google Sheets and QuickBooks.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills, excellent grammar, spelling.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret business and professional journals and documents.
- Ability to write routine correspondence and accounting recommendations.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Excellent customer service orientation and professional phone skills.
- Positive attitude, mission-driven, action-oriented and self-directed.
- Travel as needed.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and thrive in a high change, multinational work environment.
If this role sounds interesting to you, please submit your resume for consideration. We would love to learn more about you!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.